Software Development Engineer in Test
Compass is seeking a talented SDET to join our growing tech team in New York City. You care about craftsmanship in your work, and you’re willing to fight for it. You are an engineer who firmly believes that quality is everyone’s responsibility. You enjoy finding vulnerabilities and bugs in existing code, and you’re capable of working with a team to fix those issues for good. You’ll get to define the process for preventing future issues and measuring confidence in code releases. You’ll expand our automated testing infrastructure and guide other engineers to write automated tests and follow better testing practices. You are the last line of defense to ensure high quality output, and responsible for the last sign off before production release.
At Compass You Will:
- Design and develop automated solutions across several services and systems in a cross-functional, agile environment
- Be an evangelist for a testing culture within Compass
- Implement reporting procedures to effectively track test coverage for both manual and automated tests
- Identify, evaluate, and manage the documentation and deliverables required for each product to be tested
- Participate in daily staging and production deploys
- Partner with product owners and developers to identify areas for improved efficiencies
- Mentor QA and engineering team members on automation and testing best practices
What We're Looking For:
- Extensive experience building integration test frameworks
- Experience in automating build processes, application deployments and continuous integration systems like Jenkins
- Preaches the importance of unit testing
- Experience in testing frameworks: Cucumber/Selenium, Jasmine/Karma, Protractor
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Experience in mobile automation frameworks is a plus
- Experience working with databases (MongoDB, RDS, SQL, etc) is required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in software development and automation
- BS in CS or equivalent
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!