We're looking for Software Engineering (New Graduates) to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
Learning from the experience of every cancer patient involves building systems that scale, excellent UI, and robust data pipelines along the way. There are openings for engineers across multiple product lines and technology stacks. We welcome full-stack engineers, passionate backend engineers, engineers that are enthusiastic about data, aspiring architects, and emerging engineering leaders. As an engineer you’ll:
- Write simple, elegant, well-structured, well-tested code that drives new features and improvements across all out products and services
- Build creative solutions to tough business challenges
- Promote technical best practices
We work in a fast-paced, high-information-volume environment with complex domain challenges, which means context is key and there's always more to learn and soak up. We want to know oncology data front to back — better than anyone else in the industry — and we believe accomplishing that requires building a culture where we all like coming to work each day. In our culture, decisions are transparent and data-driven, and people are empowered to make waves.
Who You Are
You're graduating between December 2021 and June 2022 with a BS or MS in computer science or a related field. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You write clean, well-structured code
- You have experience working in a fast-paced company
- You are enthusiastic about working on a multi-disciplinary team
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Extra Credit (Optional to add extra credit)
- Contribute to an open source project
- Speak fluent Python
- Have used Pandas, R, or another data analytics tool on a messy, real-world data set
- Have developed apps using modern frontend frameworks like AngularJS / Ember.js
- Have experience with SQL or another query language
- Have deep empathy for data and a strong understanding of statistics
- Understand experimental design, and can build for collection, measurement and interpretation of results
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.