Software Engineer - Android (Unfold) at Squarespace
Squarespace is seeking an Android Software Engineer to join our small, distributed mobile engineering team and work on the Unfold app, an app with millions of active users around the globe.
Our mobile team collaborates very closely across platforms and is responsible for delivering a terrific experience for Squarespace and Unfold users when they’re away from the desktop. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of this Android application and the long-term vision of Squarespace and Unfold on mobile devices. This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager and will be based in our Dublin office.
- Design and implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- Develop applications with awareness of multiple software and hardware versions
- Provide timely turnaround and documentation of bug fixes during test cycle
- Collaborate with a team of distributed engineers
- Work closely with our engineering team, particularly server-side
- Work across disciplines with team members representing product, design, web development, and product marketing
- Maintain apps, listen to community and fix issues that arise
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- Ability to translate business requirements into well-engineered solutions
- Multiple years of experience creating native Android apps, preferably with apps in the store to show
- Strong understanding of Android UI/UX best practices, and a bias toward beautiful user experience and pixel perfect UIs
- Experienced with memory management, network programming, concurrency and multi-threading
- Experience developing for constrained devices
- Experience with In-App Purchase subscriptions preferred
- Experience with photo/video apps preferred
- Experience mentoring other engineers, and demonstrable technical leadership in your background
- Kotlin / Java
- Understanding of the various architectures such as MVP and MVVM
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable custom View and ViewGroups
- RxJava, Dagger 2, OkHttp, Retrofit.
- Unit Testing
Unfold helps anyone create beautiful stories for social platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat. Users can choose from a series of template collections like Film Frames, Ripped Paper and more. Used by influencers like Kim Kardashian, Selena Gomez, and Miley Cyrus, and brands like Apple, Forbes, and Prada, Unfold has over 26 million users who have created over 700 million stories. Unfold has recently joined the Squarespace family and is headquartered in New York City.
Squarespace provides creative tools and services to help anyone build and manage their brand online. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 500 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.