Software Engineer, Backend (Mid/Senior Level) (Greater NYC Area, NY)
About Clear Street:
Clear Street is building modern infrastructure for capital markets. Outdated technology makes markets difficult and expensive to access. We're fixing that.
We started with prime brokerage, in an industry that has struggled to see any real innovation in decades. Our cloud-native, prime brokerage platform has redefined what it means to work with a prime broker - improving access, speed, and service to our clients.
We want to continue that change across all capital markets. Today, we offer institutions, professional traders, and brokers everything they need to trade U.S. equities and options. In the future, our platform will give all types of investors access to every major product in every major market.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will work with a team of passionate and highly collaborative engineers to build our core Platform. You will own the design and implementation of new features and services, turning the complexity of processing financial transactions across various asset classes into highly scalable services. You will tackle nontrivial problems that will challenge you to flex your system design muscles, balance tradeoffs, and implement clean efficient code. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
- You have 5+ years of professional experience implementing highly scalable services (we implement our code in Golang (Go), but you may be more experienced in Java or C++).
- You have contributed to systems that deliver solutions to complex business problems that handle massive amounts of data. You are drawn towards scale, distributed systems, and associated technologies.
- You prioritize end user experience and it shows in your APIs design, functionality, and performance.
- You have a strong command over object-oriented design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
Clearing & Custody Team Stack: Go, gRPC, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference.
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features.
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology.
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks.