Software Engineer - Backend at Latch
Latch is seeking a senior Software Engineer to join the backend team, responsible for building the backbone of our smart access system. You will design highly-reliable systems within our distributed environment, maintain and refine the backend systems that power our platform, and continuously improve our engineering practices. You will work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with mobile engineers, firmware engineers, product managers, and operations.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to conceive and build new features
- Develop and deploy Java services to support rapidly growing functionality and usage
- Architect scalable and reliable infrastructure in the cloud
- Help maintain the code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results on schedule
- Work with client-facing teams to debug production issues quickly and effectively
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficiency with Java, experience with Web Application or Microservice preferred
- Experience with at least one cloud provider, AWS preferred
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.