Software Engineer, Core Features at Asana
We’re looking for people who care deeply about customers and are passionate about building products that improve the way millions of teams work together.
We're looking for a senior software engineer to join Track Anything, one of our core feature teams. As a member of the Track Anything team, you’ll focus on fundamentally enhancing Asana’s flexibility. Our customers are pushing the humble “task” to its limits, so you’ll work on projects that help empower users to define and track the things that matter for their work (real-world examples might include customers, job applicants, contracts, bugs, specialized things like VC deal flow or vials of DNA they’re synthesizing, and more). Your work will range across the stack to drive technical changes to features like custom fields, and will involve collaboration with several teams to realize a consistent, high-quality experience. You will be an integral part of the entire product development process, from conception to post-launch reflection.
Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be manifesting continuous improvements of their experience and helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly. We’re looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate and scale, and we offer relocation.
What you’ll achieve
- You may work on architecting product tours with React or on transcending UI design tradeoffs; often you’ll work on both in the same day
- Participate in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn
- 5+ years of experience working within large, well maintained codebases
- 1+ years of experience leading projects with multiple contributors
- Experience using Typescript and React
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- Passionate about creating a superlative user experience and attentive to details
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
At Asana, we're building a better way to work, fueled by transparency, inclusion, and technology that is a force for positive change. Asana is a work management platform that helps teams orchestrate their work, from daily tasks to strategic initiatives, so they can move faster and accomplish more with less. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplaces in the Bay Area, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.