Software Engineer - Core & Infrastructure
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
We believe that success comes from knowing where your work connects into the business and being surrounded by a team that supports you and encourages you to succeed. As a software engineer at Simon, you will be working alongside an engineering team passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, and teamwork. We work against two week long sprints and do our best to remain adaptive to changes in the business as they arise. All sprint team members are encouraged to collaborate, fully own their tasks, and raise impediments or risks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead architecture & design decisions for core technology that will set direction for months or years to come (Distributed Systems, big data, EMR, Spark).
- Direct our AWS implementation, from building fully-automated & secure VPC’s to auto-scaling to EMR environments.
- Design, develop, and coordinate the launch of new product features. Collaborate directly with cross functional business teams to get immediate, direct client feedback on new features and iterate.
- Mentor our less senior staff and help them raise the bar technically and professionally.
- Overhaul our deployment system, which is currently based on python Fabric and Packer.
- Scale up our distributed Celery workflow system to handle enterprise traffic levels; or propose and safely rollout a wholesale replacement.
- Level up our operational tool chain.
- Collaborate with an engineering team who is passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, and teamwork.
- Programming fluency
- Experience designing & supporting large infrastructures and/or distributed systems
- Openness to learn & collaborate
- Demonstrated history of execution and delivery
- Capability to clearly, effectively, and professionally communicate
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.