Software Engineer Data Presentation - Remote Italy at Dataiku
Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
Data visualization is often the most striking (and for some, the most accessible) part of the data-to-insights process. Let’s face it — there’s nothing more exciting than beautiful fit-for-purpose data viz.
We are looking for a talented software engineer to create usable, intuitive, beautiful interfaces and scalable engines for Dataiku DSS. Dataiku DSS brings together big data and AI technologies into a unique and easy-to-use platform. It allows data scientists to process data with SQL databases, Spark, and Kubernetes with either user-friendly interfaces or code. The same platform also allows business analysts to create powerful machines or deep learning models with just a few clicks.
What we do:
What you will do:
With your top-tier teammates from the engineering team and the help of the UX team, you will:
- Build the components that allow Dataiku DSS users to create and display charts, dashboards, and ad-hoc web applications in a scalable way (both frontend and backend).
- Prototype and create new ways to interact with data or integrations with other products such as Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce, Slack, etc.
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to brainstorm on new features and iteratively refine solutions.
- Shape a safe place to work where all ideas and suggestions are welcome and taken into account, and where we all know everyone does their best.
- Write high-quality code, as your teammates do!
You are the ideal recruit if:
- You have experience in software development and you are interested in data visualization tools.
- You are customer-oriented — you want to understand customer needs and how the product is used.
- You are at ease with both frontend and backend development, or you’ve mastered frontend development but are not afraid to dive into backend code to better understand how it works.
- You know that a chart is worth a thousand grid cells.
- You have firsthand experience (either professional or personal) building a real product.
- You blink each time you see a misaligned pixel!
- You are humble and kind. You don't hesitate to ask questions when you don't know, and you treat your colleagues with respect, kindness, and honesty.
- You want to be able to define your own version of work-life balance - flexible is our go-to word, it applies equally to remote work, vacations and parental benefits
- You need autonomy to thrive - we trust our people, give them space to do their best and stay away from artificial deadlines
- You enjoy spending time with your colleagues and learning from your peers - meet for Friday universities, annual offsites, virtual trivia nights and more
- You like feeling cared about - watch out for the magical Christmas box delivered at home and an unforgettable onboarding week
- You care about giving back - it’s what our Ikig.AI program is all about: Dataikers are encouraged to work pro bono for one or several nonprofits of their choosing
If you want to learn more about our hiring process, you can read this article about our engineering hiring philosophy.