Software Engineer, Detection Tools (Remote) at HUMAN
At HUMAN, we are all about keeping it human. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.About the role:
You will be a part of the Detection Tools team. The adversaries HUMAN encounters in our day-to-day aren't just bedroom hackers. They are technically adept and savvy fraudsters, operating at a scale and agility that makes their 'enterprise' profitable. Therefore, our detection team needs the support of experienced software engineers who build quality systems that are resilient to change. We support internal detection teams to perform their job at their best and this is why you're key to our mission. We incarnate the principle of Tau: find the levers for disproportionate impact inside the company.What you will do:
- We are a Software engineering team. You will be responsible for designing, planning, creating, and maintaining software.
- Our customers are internal. You will wear multiple hats, reaching out to our customers to understand their needs, gathering requirements, and ensure that your work aligns with what they do.
- We have an open and flat organization. You will provide feedback, generate movement, help the team and the company to improve how it operates.
- Keep on learning. Our customers work in different ecosystems, and you will learn something new every day.
- Be willing to get exposure to a lot of different things. You will be doing data ingestion, high-volume pipeline control, machine-learning-based tools, web servers, automated monitoring. Possibilities are endless!
- You are a Software Engineer. You consider yourself a software engineer, you love to code, you love to develop and run software.
- You know Python. You speak Python as a second language. You love the language and have opinions on what is "Pythonic" and what isn't.
- You love automation and you hate busywork. That is, the idea of repeating the same task twice horrifies you.
- You know that everything is possible, and you're excited about assuming different roles and working on different things. However, you're experienced enough to identify good ideas from bad, and you protect your precious time in order to focus on building what matters.
- Unlimited holiday
- Remote work option
- Private medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development fund
- Monthly internet, phone bill, and meal stipend to support working remotely during COVID-19
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership for you and your family!
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.