Software Engineer, Developer Efficiency at Asana
We’re looking for people who are passionate about putting the flow into workflow for Asana engineers, and ensuring that we have fast, useful, and reliable tools for all parts of our edit-compile-test cycle. You love reflecting on how you can work more efficiently, have empathy for your fellow engineers, and are motivated by knowing your work has a huge impact on engineering output. You’ll help us architect a set of complex and interrelated systems: builds and bundling, compilation speed, testing and debugging, continuous integration, git workflow, environment setup, and more.
You’ll be part of the Developer Efficiency team, partnering closely with all Product Engineering teams at Asana to understand pain points around workflows and helping make them better. We’re looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate and scale, and we offer relocation.
What you’ll achieve
- Solve upcoming scalability problems related to our build system and continuous integration system
- Modernize our testing tooling, tighten iteration loops, and polish frequent cycles in the developer experience
- Simplify the architecture of our development sandboxes to reduce the chance of misconfiguration and breakages
- Keep Asana up to date on open source trends and identify new opportunities for better developer efficiency
- 4+ years of experience working within large, well maintained codebases
- Experience using Python
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- Passionate about creating a superlative user experience (for our engineers!); attentive to details
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.