Software Engineer - Developer Tooling
What You'll Do
- Engage with engineers throughout the company to learn about pain points, and define and prioritize solutions.
- Support the rest of the Platform team in exposing our fast growing online and offline data infrastructure to developers in such a way that makes on-boarding new engineers pleasant and seamless.
- Design, write and review application code.
- Work to document and evangelize workflows across the company, for a variety of different engineering teams (mobile, bank, risk, consumer, platform, merchant, partner engineering, etc.) Develop, maintain, and extend a variety of systems, including open-source, ready-made, and in-house applications.
- Collaborate with other Platform Engineering teams on security, reliability and automation.
What We Look For
- Extensive experience building and owning tools for large engineering teams.
- Highly skilled at developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Familiarity with Phabricator and/or Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- You prefer using, enhancing and contributing to open source solutions than building solutions from ground up.
- Experience with (or want to learn about) operating system internals, filesystems, databases, network, concurrency frameworks.
- Unquenchable thirst for learning new things.
- You obsess about keeping costs low while building your products.
- Equal enthusiasm for command-line-based and IDE-based workflows.