Software Engineer, Digital
What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Classrooms are constantly evolving and today we’re seeing more and more educators adopting digital tools. Many of the educators who use TpT have gained access to 1:1 devices for each of their students and they’re looking for resources that are designed for this new environment. In the context of this domain, the Digital team is responsible for discovering and defining problems, framing and monitoring success metrics, implementing solutions, and following up on feedback. You’ll help us decide when to integrate with third parties and when to build our own tools. With over ~2/3 of US teachers using the site, there will be plenty of opportunities to get your hands dirty solving hard problems.
Digital classrooms are a new area of innovation for TpT and it’s something that we’re super excited about - after speaking with our educators, we can say that they’re even more excited.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Enjoys working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, and teaching your learnings
- At least 3+ years of experience in development at scale
Extra Credit for:
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.