We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
As an engineer working on the Distributed Caching team, you will build a new high-throughput, low-latency cache that will be critical to much of Datadog’s infrastructure. As the solution is adopted and matures, you’ll continue to help scale it to meet Datadog’s growing needs. The cache, an in-memory distributed key-value store, will be accessed hundreds of millions of times per second by different internal services.
We are a globally distributed team with US Offices in New York (HQ), Boston, Denver, San Francisco, and South Bay and International Offices in Paris, Dublin, London, Madrid, the Netherlands, and Singapore. About 33% of our engineering team are remote.
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand that not everyone will meet these requirements on day one. If you’re passionate about building large distributed systems and want to grow these skills but don’t meet all of these qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
- Build distributed, high-throughput, real-time data infrastructure
- Build in Go, and use Redis, gRPC, Envoy and other open-source components
- Dig into low-level technical details when needed (e.g. kernel, profiling)
- Own meaningful parts of our service and participate in oncall
- Work with internal teams using our cache and be part of a growing team
- You have a BS/MS/PhD in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- You have significant backend programming experience in one or more languages
- You care about low-latency performance and clean code
- You value correctness and efficiency; you leave no stone unturned when diagnosing production issues
- You have worked with Kubernetes and Linux Containers in production at high scale
- You’ve built data systems using technology such as Redis, Cassandra, Kafka
- You have created tooling for, or submitted contributions to, an open-source datastore
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.