We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Networks Monitoring team is developing an eBPF based platform to provide complete visibility into Layer 7 network protocols in order to build new products without requiring users to deploy additional agents or libraries in their stacks. The team is composed of a set of engineers with expertise in eBPF and networking, contributing to open source projects such as Cilium or Linux.
Be a part of creating and defining a new industry standard for how to build best in class monitoring solutions based on eBPF. Join a fast-moving team working on hard problems deep in the Linux stack. In this role, you will wear many hats from writing eBPF code, to contributing to the Datadog agent, partnering with our platform teams, and working closely with our customers to understand our use cases. You will:
- Own new feature development end-to-end from ideation to implementation
- Build low-overhead data collection tools based on eBPF that collect important metrics from the kernel and in particular the network stack
- Develop solutions to instrument L7 protocols such as HTTP/S, DNS, gRPC, but also application specific protocols such as Kafka
- Be a driving force in product decisions
- You have experience working with and developing in the Linux kernel, either using eBPF, as a kernel developer, or building low level programs in C
- You have have a deep understanding of the various layers of the protocol stack and have hands-on experience troubleshooting networking or API related issues
- You have significant experience building high throughput/low latency systems
- You have been building applications and tooling for 5+ years and know the systems you’ve worked on in depth
- You are motivated by solving problems for our customers first and foremost and building beautiful products that our customers love
- You have contributed to the Linux kernel
- You have experience building and troubleshooting large distributed systems
- You have experience with Golang
- You have worked at a very high scale environment (e.g. ~thousands of payloads/sec)
Is this you? Let's chat!
#LI-Remote This is a remote position
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.