Software Engineer, Email at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020).
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze Email team is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure that delivers billions of personalized emails a month to our customers’ end users. This includes a feature-rich dashboard that allows customers to compose/customize emails, a set of REST APIs to manage customer data, and a highly parallelized platform to personalize & send emails at huge scale.
As a member of the team, you will work alongside a senior engineer to build out new features and improve stability/performance. You will get a chance to tackle significant engineering challenges, such as: architecting new iterations of critical components on backend systems, building and optimizing for massive scale, and rebuilding parts of our dashboard on the latest modern tech stack.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2-4 years of full-stack development experience
- Strong understanding of design, data structures, and algorithms
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Professional experience building distributed systems at scale
- Professional experience with any of: Ruby, Rails, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile processes
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Free daily lunch in the office (when we return to the office!), including snacks and beverages
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.