Software Engineer, Employee Workflow Automation at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
The Employee Workflow Automation team is responsible for managing an employee’s lifecycle at a company right from pre-onboarding to termination. This includes providing companies with all the necessary tools at each step to operate with greater efficiency and confidence by automating and monitoring different employee management workflows. With rapid increase in remote work and distributed nature of companies, our tools such as document e-signature, remote onboarding, and PTO have become the bread and butter of our customers and some of the primary reasons why customers love Justworks.
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join the team, who is passionate about working in a high growth fast paced environment, who can help us build the vision of a feature rich, user friendly, and secure people management platform. We are currently in the process of transforming our backend into a distributed, scalable API/Event driven architecture. You will play a crucial role in this transformation by designing and developing different parts of this system.
You will be a part of a small yet mighty team and work on customer facing high impact projects. As an integral member of the team you will apply your experience with technology to creatively push the boundaries of what’s possible for our team, elevating Justworks’ technological foundation. We take great pride in serving our customers with solutions that are elegant, simple and useful.
If this sounds exciting to you, let's talk!Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Collaborate with product and design on all aspects of product development
- Scope your work and coordinate efforts with other engineers on the team
As a Software Engineer, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Proficient in at least one programming language
- Solid understanding of CS fundamentals
- Passionate about building scalable and resilient systems
- Excellent communication skills and empathetic
- Passionate about learning new technologies
- Self-motivated and a go-getter attitude
- CircleCI, Docker, Redis, Kafka, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Datadog
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment