The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.ABOUT THE ROLE
This specialized role is within the Technology operations group of The Trade Desk’s Engineering. This group is focused on delivering world-class solutions for the internal clients of The Trade Desk. In this role you will be aligned to the technology needs of our internal business teams such as Finance, Marketing, Data partnerships, People Operations, Sales, Trading and several others.
- Our Senior Engineers are end-to-end owners. You will participate actively in all aspects solutioning technology solutions for our internal clients.
- In this role you will develop a deep understanding of company’s various operational systems and processes in order to then propose the best technology solutions to increase the company’s operational efficiency.
- In addition, you will also help formulate the vision for enterprise business applications across the company and drive POCs to evaluate the best business apps for a given use case.
- Customer satisfaction in form of great user experience or automated no-touch workflows is a major success criteria for our engineers and in this role you will be responsible to ensure that by building end to end solutions with best in class UX.
- You will also be a key player in building the enterprise data warehouse and ETL stack to support enterprise wide insights and analytics.
- Our Senior Engineers contribute to more than our product – they build up our team. Through a combination of mentoring, technical leadership, and/or direct management of small teams, they make others better and raise the bar for those around them.
- You have a sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects. You think beyond just the task at hand to deeply understand the 'why' behind what you are doing.
- You have 5+ years of experience working with one or more enterprise business systems such as ERP, EPM, HRIS, CRM and so on.
- You have 5+ years of experience developing solutions using iPaaS applications such as Dell Boomi, SSIS or Informatica.
- You understand engineering fundamentals and database technologies. This will be key to both designing world class solutions and also evaluating off the shelf systems in the market.
- You are a broadly skilled engineer, accustomed to interfacing with web services of external and internal systems, building ETL pipelines using variety of technologies and service layers, as well as building data storage to derive analytics / insights.
- You have a product-focused mindset. You have the passion and ability to contribute to the process of discovering what will delight our clients and push forward one of the world’s largest and most influential industries toward a vision of openness, transparency, and evidence-based decision-making.
- You work with confidence and without ego. Our engineers have deep knowledge and exercise a high degree of leadership in their daily work. You have strongly-held, defensible ideas, and advocate for what you believe is right. You are also adept at identifying and evaluating trade-offs, willing to be proven wrong, and quick to walk through fire to support your fellow teammates.
- You value, seek out, and foster diversity. We are a global team from many diverse backgrounds, with different experiences and perspectives. To complement this team, you will welcome ideas that are different from your own and be skilled at finding and building from common ground.
What and how you can contribute is what’s important to us. Our consideration is not limited by the kind of education you have or the specific technologies you have experience with. Variety of technical challenge is one of the best things about working at The Trade Desk as an engineer, but we do not expect you to know every technology we use when you start. What we care about is that you can learn quickly and solve complex problems using the best tools for the job.
Our culture runs much deeper than just having fun together (though, we do that well too...) – the people we want on our team are trust-builders, generous givers, scrappy problem solvers, and gritty pursuers of excellence.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you.
Does this sound like you? If so, we welcome your application and the chance to meet you. #LI-TP1
Our Compensation and Benefits (for Colorado residents only)• Base Compensation Range: $60,800 - $199,500
In accordance with Colorado law, the range provided is The Trade Desk’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.