Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
In this role, you will partner with our Finance team to lead the development of automated financial systems and invoicing processes. Transfix is on a path to automate every step of booking and transporting freight, and getting paid promptly is obviously a critical piece of the puzzle! We are looking for candidates who can independently lead interactions with partners in Finance, drive productive discussions and data-backed decisions, and draw on their technical experiences and business knowledge to ensure decisions are actionable.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Lead the collaborative decision making process with our Finance team to inform the automated systems that you will build to power the backbone of our business.
- Structure integrations with financial systems (including Netsuite) to be performant and best fit our financial business practices.
- Leverage Continuous Deployment and Automated Testing to enable rapid delivery of new systems and services.
- Play an active role in production software operations. Our engineers collaborate closely and quickly to resolve critical bugs and service outages, lead cross-functional post-mortems, and identify meaningful learnings from incidents.
- Our tech stack consists of Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, PostgreSQL, Redis, Dynamo, Kinesis, and Snowflake. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like Datadog, Sentry, and Cloudwatch.
- You have 4+ years professional experience in web software engineering.
- You have a mastery of at least one of these languages: Ruby, Python, Go, C, or C++.
- You are proficient at SQL and data modeling.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality software that utilizes a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You can create partnerships with stakeholders that result in a collaborative team dynamic.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. Our headquarters is based in New York City, and we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.