Software Engineer - Front End - Growth at Teachable
Greater NYC Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:40 p.m. (EST) on Friday, August 30, 2019
Teachable is looking for a Growth Engineer to accelerate our already impressive triple-digit year-over-year growth.
The Growth team is dedicated to making customers and Teachable successful by solving real user problems. We focus on leveraging data and user research to run high impact experiments across the entire user journey.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll have real responsibility and autonomy to own end-to-end experimentation: research, ideation, evaluation, execution, analysis, and shipping impactful wins. You’ll work across the entire product, partnering with other engineering teams to improve conversion rates across acquisition, activation, monetization and churn. You’ll collaborate on roadmap, design, and architecture. You’ll balance the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to problems, valuing pragmatism over idealism.
Who You Are:
- Growth pedigree: You’re familiar with experimentation frameworks (like Optimizely or rolling your own), and product usage analytics tools (like Mixpanel).
- Curious: You’re interested in research and deeply understanding the problem.
- Metrics focused: You carefully instrument experiments, and you enjoy digging into the data to analyze user behavior and experiment results.
- Creative problem solver: You enjoy finding creating solutions around technical limitations.
- Driven by business impact: The majority of experiments will fail, but you’re ok throwing out code because you know each iteration gets us one step closer to finding tangible wins for the business.
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $300M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description