Software Engineer, Front-End at DoorDash
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on talented engineers to help us create a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
As a front-end engineer at DoorDash, you’ll help design and build beautiful, intuitive user interfaces for our web applications to create the best delivery experience for our consumers, merchants and drivers.
What You'll Do
- Become a product owner for one of our client facing applications
- Write robust, highly tested, well-crafted code that you can be proud of.
- Fight for the best customer experience through technical and product decisions.
What We're Looking For
- You are deeply empathetic—we’re one team, all excited to learn, build great products, and ship beautifully crafted code—and you know trust, understanding, and collaboration are foundational to that.
- You bring a diverse perspective to the underlying why of the work—we can only build the best product and team if we are empathetic to our customers, flexible in our views, and empowering of different voices in our process.
- Committed in your dedication to writing modular, testable code that will stand up to the test of time.
- Passionate about finding the best architectures and tools to take the team to the next level.
- Extremely humble, but willing to fight for good ideas with strong experience, valid data, or tactile prototypes to back it up. Strong opinions, weakly held.
- You love to ship small and ship fast—getting something modular and robust out in the world is the best way to learn what works and what doesn’t.
- Obsessed with beautiful design and user interfaces, and an expert in implementing them.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, responsive design, website performance, and accessibility.
- B.S., M.S. of PhD or 3+ years of industry experience
- Experience architecting large-scale frontend applications
- Mastery of the foundations of the web: vanilla JS, HTML5, CSS3
- Deep understanding of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs
- Experience with MVC, MVVM, Reactive programming models to build web applications
- Experience with React (and its concepts), Redux, Angular, jQuery, Webpack, CSS Preprocessors (like SASS, PostCSS)
- Familiarity with Sketch / Photoshop / UI design
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing
- Contributions to open source projects
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.