Software Engineer - Front End at Latch
Latch is seeking a software engineer to join the front end team. You will be responsible for building innovative interfaces used by a diverse set of customers. Latch web products serve as mission critical tools for property managers, residents, and service providers. You’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact Latch’s core access business, as well as emerging products and markets.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully-integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Use experimentation and data analysis to tune your web applications to be high-performing, intuitive and functional
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web engineers within the company
- Continue to refine and define our tech stack, utilizing open source tools, generalizing product-specific code and/or building novel solutions to needs we encounter
- Serve as tech lead for cross-disciplinary software engineering initiatives
- Manage a growing team of frontend engineers
- At least 7+ years of relevant experience
- You are an expert in at least one modern web framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
- You are an expert in core and emerging web technologies and APIs (HTTP2, TCP/IP, CSS/HTML)
- You have deep understanding of Web and Information Security concepts and concerns, such as CORS, CSP, CSRF, XSS, etc.
- Bonus: You have Web/Visual Design, UI/UX, and other relevant experience
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 200 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City, and a ten minute walk from CalTrain in SOMA San Francisco.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a competitive health package, and an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. There is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.