At Teachable, we're looking for a frontend engineer to join our Core Crew of our Technology team; we believe that great teams are needed to build great tools. In this role, you will be using your frontend expertise to build web applications with other engineers, product designers, and product managers.
Working closely with your team, you will help build applications and tools which enable creators to manage their knowledge-based business.
As a Front End Engineer, you'll work directly on a system that impacts thousands of instructors and millions of students. You will work to create beautiful systems that are robustly designed to meet the needs of a massively growing user base. You will be a member of the Identity and Integrations team, which is focused on enabling our Creator’s businesses through seamless ecosystem access, rich integrations, and control of and access to business and personal data.
- Be using your frontend expertise to build web applications for our creators
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product designers to design beautiful, usable, accessible visual experiences.
- Work with other frontend engineers to improve the codebase, design system, and your craft as a member of the Frontend guild.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience building user-facing production web applications.
- Experience building responsive applications with HTML and CSS while using modern browser technologies.
- Well-versed in good programming practices that lead to scalable, performant, and maintainable software.
- Experience working with UX / Product Designers
- A strong communicator who likes to collaborate and has a growth mindset.
- Curious, humble, reliable, and adaptable.
- Enjoy working as part of a positive, diverse, and inclusive team.
- Experience writing UIs that meet modern accessibility standards (A11Y) a plus
- Experience working on backend APIs a plus
- Experience working with authentication flows a plus
- Experience working with a design system is a plus
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,300 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
We plan to be optionally remote until at least September 2021
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4% 401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.