Software Engineer - Full Stack
Latch is seeking a seasoned Full Stack Engineer with the ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering high quality code and architecture both on the frontend and backend. The Full Stack Engineer will interface with a variety of teams prototyping brand new products as well as maintaining and developing our user facing desktop and mobile applications. You will work in a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are critical to success.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Prototyping potential future products
- Working on creating dynamic web UIs while simultaneously solving scalability problems and scaling complex business logic
- Utilization of back-end programming languages, specifically Java
- Working on both mobile and desktop applications
- Work with the product teams to understand end-user needs, formulate use cases, and then translate into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop seamless, user friendly end results
- Quality is a must, you care about the end product and the process of getting there
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience in backend development with Java
- Experience with Angular is a plus
- Experience in database integration
- Experience with client-side user interface frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, and share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents and property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We offer unlimited time off, a competitive health package, and the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, and fast-paced office environment. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards and Penn Station in New York City.
Applicant Privacy Notice