Software Engineer, Full Stack
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database. We strive to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Come and join us on our mission to Make Data Easy. Are you ready to aim high and build to last?
We are looking for full stack software engineers to join our team.
- You will design, code, and test across our distributed, open source database, CockroachDB. You bring your expertise to the table to help us build the best database for our users, partners, and customers.
- You will collaborate with designers and engineers both in-house and in our open source community to design, implement, and integrate new features and tools into CockroachDB.
- You'll work to improve the overall performance of CockroachDB. You will make sure that our products stay scalable, survivable, and consistent as we continue to grow as a company.
In your first 30 days, you will become an integrated member of our engineering team. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company. Your first project will be on the frontend. We want to be able to showcase the functionality of CockroachDB to our customers by providing a rich window into the data through our graphical user interface.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will be comfortable contributing to CockroachDB's full stack. From backend services to tweaking the front end, you'll have a hand in all levels of the software stack. You will begin to determine the parts of our product that most interest you and work with your manager to focus your efforts on projects that align with those areas and the product roadmap.
As our team grows, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction of development for CockroachDB. We want our users to have a phenomenal experience using our product, and you are an important part of making CockroachDB a joy to use.
- You love working on complex technical products. You have exposure to distributed systems, responsive user interfaces, large amounts of data, file systems, or SQL processing.
- You love building relationships with your colleagues. You enjoy being part of the code review process and partnering with your teammates on challenging problems.
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]