Software Engineer (Full Stack)
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at <intent> is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
What You Will Do:
We believe that engineers are most effective when they are involved with the whole lifecycle of software development: conceiving new features designing and coding the change, testing, deploying, and support. You’ll be performing all these activities as part of a closely collaborating squad. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do everything at first - you’ll learn the essentials through pair programming with experienced engineers on your team.
<intent> is looking for bright and ambitious software engineers to join our team of thoroughly awesome humans. And dogs :-)
- You’re highly motivated and both a self-starter and a good collaborator
- You’re committed to code quality but also happy working in a fast-paced environment
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and building products in a rapidly changing market
- You have experience with at least one backend language (Java, Node, Ruby, Python, etc), but aren’t dogmatic about tools
- You have experience developing frontend solutions (JS/CSS/ HTML)
- You have experience--or interest--in working with the AWS cloud platform
- You have experience with databases and SQL
- You have the flexibility to work on all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, operations, CI/CD, cross team collaboration, and support.
- You have 2+ years of experience
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job:
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Flexible paid time off
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!