Software Engineer - Healthcare Solutions (REMOTE) at Peloton
Peloton is extending its technology platform in support of a new member acquisition channel within its Ecommerce division. As part of this effort, we are seeking software engineers with experience building solutions for B2B / B2B2C who have a penchant for innovative thinking, strategic solutioning, and rapid, iterative software delivery. The ideal candidate would preferably have experience building solutions within highly regulated environments and has a keen sense for balancing audit excellence and risk adversity with business velocity and customer results.
This role will report to an Engineering Manager heading up one of the agile teams responsible for building and supporting this new part of the platform. This is an exciting opportunity to help be a part of supporting Peloton’s ambitious goal of reaching 100 million members by increasing reach to prospective members and expanding access to Peloton’s premium product line while delivering a best-in class member experience. You will be joining a team that puts intentional focus on work / life harmony and professional growth while maintaining a high bar for results and consistently reaching for meaningful impact through its products and software.
- Contribute to a new platform that manages healthcare-centric member acquisition channels. This platform uses a service-oriented architecture and over time will continue to move towards an evented and distributed design.
- Support integration of this platform into Peloton’s larger engineering platform and IT systems to enable consistent and feature-rich member experiences along with standardized and efficient internal processes and operations.
- Build frontend applications and backend services utilizing a mix of technologies including: Kotlin, TypeScript / React, GraphQL, Node.js
- Direct your focus toward technologies and functional disciplines that support business velocity, product excellence, and engineering robustness.
- Deliver code with a strong discipline and commitment to testing and test-driven development.
- Meticulously document your knowledge in the form of design documents, Jira stories, Confluence pages, and Lucid Diagrams. These will be thoughtfully produced upstream of writing code and their revisions will be efficiently managed throughout the SDLC, ensuring there is both strong evidence in support of change management and clear and accurate artifacts in support of team posterity and source of truth.
- Work with a highly collaborative, remote team of engineers who are avid practitioners of pair & mob-programming practices while also being capable of producing results independently, in the right situations, and with the requisite visibility and communication.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ambitious but iterative and collaborative environment.
- An excellent communicator across written, verbal, and visual mediums.
- Productive and comfortable working in both remote and in-person settings with experience collaborating with team members working in either context.
- Organized, disciplined, and focused.
- Empathetic, patient, and kind but intentionally candid and direct.
- Continuously improving and not afraid to identify and strengthen your weaknesses.
- Keen to act like an owner in how you approach finding solutions, building consensus, and creating business results.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, preferably with some amount of experience working with or in a Healthcare-focused business.
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following: Java, Kotlin, Scala, Node.js, React, Typescript, GraphQL, Kubernetes, AWS, Redshift, Redis, and SQS.
- Passion for business results and customer excellence.
- Commitment to building flexible solutions that are tolerant to change.
- Mental fortitude to stay focused and diligent in the face of challenge and courage to pivot from the plan when new information or strategies present a better path toward achieving the objective.
- Intention and courage for managing boundaries and expectations such that you can operate as a high performer without overextending or burning out.
- Good intuition on how to manage your priorities around what is essential, actionable, and impactful.
- Desire to dog-food our own software and engage with the Peloton brand and product line.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.