Software Engineer I - Content at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
As a Software Engineer in the team, you will be responsible for building one of the critical services for the Grubhub. You are responsible for designing and building distributed, scalable application platforms. You will be participating in design discussion, vendor evaluation, tools. Providing and building innovative solutions to the business problems and learning. Working within the teams and across the team to understand the domain. Learn & Contribute to the code and share knowledge.
The Impact You Will Make
- You'll be understanding the domain needs and building a highly scalable & reliable platform for the Geo-location services.
- You'll be accountable for delivery, deployment, maintenance, monitoring the performance of the application and the platform.
- You'll be evaluating the tools, technologies, vendors for the platform along with other senior team members.
- Writing the code with defined standards, reviewing the code of peers, using security standards in the code and ability to measure the performance of the features.
- Creating the backlog of Tech Debts/ Features, suggesting the areas of improvement.
- Actively working with other team members in the domain and being a team player.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Java object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (junit/testing, mockito + jmeter/ gatling.io )
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available distributed systems (5x9's uptime etc.)
- Building the observability as part of the application.
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
- Good to have professional Cassandra experience or similar NoSQL database experience
- Good to have Memcache/ Redis Distributed Caching mechanism.
- Docker, or similar containerized solutions
- CI / CD tools preferable Gradle, Jenkins or similar
- Ability to work and communicate within and across the team.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO . Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]