At Vimeo, we love designing and engineering tools that combine power with ease of use. Our engineers work on professional-grade video tools for our users, and have the opportunity to do way more than write code.
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Build and improve tools for video creators that combine high-quality user experience with performance and scalability
- Work closely with our Design and Product teams to move projects from conception to launch, then iterate and test new features
- Grow technically and professionally in a collaborative and inclusive environment with opportunities to learn and share with others
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- A strong eye for product design and interactivity, and unwavering attention to detail
- Big-picture thinking: understand how individual parts fit into the whole, and problem-solve for scale and efficiency
- Experience with the React framework
- Good knowledge of Css, Styled components
- Experience working on the server side when necessary (PHP, Python, Java, Go, NodeJs, etc.)
- Experience working with Restful APIs
- An understanding of basic performance optimization for web applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Attention to detail–whether building a tool for reviewing videos or processing subscription payments, the details are essential on a team entrusted with supporting the work of hundreds of thousands of professional videographers and businesses
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs