CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for a Software Engineer interested in developing SDKs for our application teams to access hardware devices running on our kiosks. The SDKs enable our developers to write biometric applications running on tablets and devices. This role offers an exciting opportunity to create and iterate on new versions of the platform while influencing architecture, and tackling our unique technical challenges. This is an amazing opportunity to help drive growth of our product and our team.
What You Will Do:
- Integrate with Facial recognition hardware, thermal cameras, Proximity Sensors, RFID sensors, Iris Scanners, Document Scanners and other hardware devices in Python
- Extend the biometric application platform to deliver better observability for the products running on it
- Drive technology improvements to help our systems evolve with our needs
- Write clear and well-tested code and help our team do the same
- Conduct code reviews and seek out opportunities to mentor
- Help the team execute against our product roadmap and goals
Who You Are:
- You are comfortable with concepts such as threading, callbacks and asynchronous programming
- You are interested in learning more about Python to integrate with hardware devices through SDKs
- You believe in the importance of learning in a high-performing team
- You enjoy working across the entire stack including infrastructure
- You share our focus on privacy and security.
- You are someone who cares about the customer experience as much as the technical quality of your delivery.