Software Engineer II (Growth & Onboarding) at DigitalOcean (Remote)
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about engineering easy-to-use tools that enable internal teams to manage customer resources and interactions.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Shepherd the architecture of your team’s solutions with your teammates.
- Mentor and provide direction for your teammates technical growth.
- Engineer solutions to business problems by creating and maintaining Go.
- Iterate on the user onboarding experience via experimentation.
- Build and maintain APIs used by customer facing features.
- Create internal services that are performant and highly reliable.
- Creating and processing large amounts of data stored in, or streamed through, MySQL, Redis, and Kafka.
- Contribute to building and maturing engineering practices.
- Take part in an on-call rotation.
- Author and co-author Request For Comments documents (RFCs) and Architecture Design Record documents (ADR).
- Work with marketing and product to balance business value and needs with technical quality and requirements.
- Establish relationships with other technical teams and serve as a bridge to connect your technical teammates to other team members.
- Passionate about cloud technology and building software that has a high impact on the business and improving the developer experience.
- Experience making decisions based on data and experimentation. You have built or used A/B testing tools and run multiple A/B experiments.
- Comfortable with rapid execution, learning from failure, and building scale and reliability for successful ideas from testing and experimentation.
- Deployments: Experience with building and packaging containerized applications in Docker using a CI/CD environment using GOCD, Concourse, or similar platform.
- Design & architecture: Expert working within a microservice architecture, with knowledge of both asynchronous, event-driven processing, and synchronous GRPC/HTTP based requests.
- Domain experience: hands-on experience with IaaS- and PaaS-based solutions.
- Operational expertise: Knowledge of and ability to use Kibana and Grafana for monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting (or similar tools).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote-first culture.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**This position may be done in the United Kingdom only
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!