Software Engineer II - Healthshare/Integration Developer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Are you a hardworking information technology professional with a desire to make a difference? We have a phenomenal opportunity to work with a collaborative group at Memorial Sloan Kettering in the DigITs (Digital Informatics & Technology Solutions) team!
MSK is looking for a Software Developer to join our Health Information Exchange team. You could have major impact on a growing Scaled Agile team that will play a crucial role in expanding MSK's digital reach. There are many complex integration projects planned with our external healthcare and RHIO partners which you could influence with your design and development expertise. MSK IT is currently embarking on a full-scale digital transformation initiative across the health center. The Health Information Exchange will be a key component in this initiative. MSK is looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, creative candidates to join us at this very exciting time. Come on board and add your innovative contributions to MSK's technical and clinical digital journey!
- Strong in integration projects with healthcare-specific standards (HL7, CCD, C-CDA, X12, etc.)
- Experienced with technologies such as: object oriented programming (Java, Javacript, etc.), SOAP APIs, REST APIs and Cache Object Script
- Experienced with the InterSystems technology stack, (Cache, Healthshare, Ensemble in a Healthcare environment) a plus
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes evolving information
- A developer who codes with minimal corrections needed and can independently plan projects and coordination/collaborate with other development teams across the organization
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- A developer with experience/exposure to the Scaled Agile Framework or the willingness to learn
- Participate in full SDLC of a project including analysis, design, programming, implementation support
- Work with product company and consulting vendors in implementing, maintaining, and customizing MSK's health information exchange
- Develop programs that may interface with other applications/databases, to meet complex business requirements.
- Analyze functional requirements, systems architecture and applications on assigned projects
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of new systems, enhancements and/or upgrades to current systems.
- Design program and technical specifications for various applications that may include data flow, data storage, interface design, and system architecture, on assigned projects
- Define test cases; prepares data and scripts for testing
- Produce required functional, technical, and user documentation (e.g., business requirements, functional and technical specifications, system architecture, data flows, end-users training requirements) on assigned projects
- Resolve production problems; support, maintain, and enhance assigned systems
- 1-5 years' experience as a healthcare developer or integration developer
- Experience building with Healthshare or Cache is a strong plus
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.