Software Engineer II, OTT Platform at Vimeo
Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute and sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites and apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, and Roku. Our core technology is a React and Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products and viewers watch and pay for videos.
The Vimeo OTT Platform team is focused on creating an exceptionally scalable, rock-solid platform that can keep up with the growing business and provide the foundation for continued, long-term growth. We cover public and private APIs, infrastructure and operations, security, and integrations. It’s a broad range of responsibilities which translates directly to broad opportunities for working with different technologies and for making an impact.
OTT Engineering as a whole is an organization that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, and upholds technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to help our creators, striving to make world-class software that empowers people to build their business with video. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Make significant contributions to big projects that affect the core architecture of the Vimeo OTT platform and expand our ability to deliver rich experiences to our users.
- Grow your technical expertise to become an effective collaborator with other teams on complex integrations and innovation technical solutions.
- Improve performance, monitoring, alerting, and security for our services. Participate in our on-call rotation.
- Support and mentor junior engineers, uphold best practices and standards, and become a trusted engineering leader.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- You have experience shipping features by building frontend components and API endpoints.
- You are comfortable with web development concepts and best practices.
- You prioritize shipping user value and focus on making an impact for users.
- You practice empathy while working across teams - we regularly collaborate with peers on non-technical teams.
- You always strive to write high-quality code and automated tests.
- You communicate well verbally and in writing, across different kinds of audiences.
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs