Software Engineer II - Pathology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Are you passionate about using technology to solve life impacting challenges? Help us change how the world treats Cancer! We can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We are looking for a talented and self-driven Software Engineer to help us continue pioneering next generation clinical software systems. These cutting-edge systems will help visualize and report genomic results that will guide treatment decisions and the enrollment of patients onto clinical trials of novel targeted therapies.
- a team player, and passionate about learning new technologies/methodologies
- desire to understand clinical domain, and build and deliver customer-centric products
- able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and eager to solve complex problems
- an effective communicator, and possess team and customer focused competency
- resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around problems.
- participate in design, development, and support of cutting-edge multi-tiered full-stack software systems for clinical diagnostics
- implement and follow the best practices in software development, code versioning, software testing, and deployment.
- take part in code reviews, build/release management, and other R&D discussions.
- develop and maintain robust, highly available/reliable APIs; and contribute toward developing a pathology API service mesh
- help code for containers and develop effective CI/CD pipelines
- 2-4 years of software development experience
- experience with full stack development using some combination of these technologies Python/Java, Flask/Spring/Django, MySQL/MongoDB, ReactJS/AngularJS/Node.js is required.
- experience with composing and shipping containers using Docker is desirable
- experience with developing automated testing suite, and build tools such as GitLab, Jenkins and automated CI/CD pipeline a plus
- working knowledge of Apache-Kafka/RabbitMQ/ZeroMQ is desirable
- Experience building highly available, scalable systems either on-premise (kubernetes, etc) or Cloud a big plus
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.