Software Engineer II, Payments at Vimeo
Vimeo’s Payments team is looking for a hard-working and passionate Software Engineer to help us build and scale our Payments Platform. Our platform handles the purchasing of all products and services on Vimeo and makes payments to creators for content sold in our marketplaces.
We’re a small team that cares about collaboration, encourages curiosity, celebrates technical excellence, and is driven by careful attention to detail and planning for the future. We believe diversity of perspective and experience are key to building great technology and believe that the best way to iterate towards success is by taking care of ourselves, our families, our users, and one another.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, test, deploy, and monitor software on our Payments Platform to improve product offerings, fraud detection, compliance strategy, and user entitlement tracking.
- Collaborate closely with our Product and Engineering teams to move key projects from conception to launch.
- Improve our tooling to identify and debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Experience with at least one server-side programming language (PHP, Python, Go, Java, Ruby, Node, etc)
- Knowledge of relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc) and data modeling techniques
- Capable of writing tests to ensure stability
- Collaborate respectfully and effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Have a good eye for details; you catch bugs frequently and can provide meaningful feedback on the technical complexity of proposed solutions
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs
- Experience developing with Restful APIs
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs