Software Engineer II - Restaurant Fulfillment - POS Cloud Integrations (RoR) at Grubhub (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
As a Software Engineer II in Restaurant Integrations, you will be responsible for building, maintaining, monitoring and scaling the systems responsible for streamlining restaurant onboarding, menu management and direct-to-POS order processing.
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
- Implement features, tools & processes to enable our Restaurant Integrations platform to be highly-available, fault-tolerant & multi-data center
- Implement & enhance existing and new Ordering Provider integrations
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technology staff to deliver features
- Use and help drive the building, requirements, and usage of a continuous delivery environment
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to contribute
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 hour on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Programming, or Engineering related field preferred
- 4+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres preferred)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
- Experience developing & consuming Restful APIs
- Rails experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available systems (5x9's uptime etc.)
- Familiarity in working with containerized environments
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]