The Vimeo player is built to showcase the amazing content that our world-wide community of creators is making everyday. If you’re passionate around the latest video technologies, have a strong eye for product design, and are a creative thinker who can inform engineering best practices, consider joining our team. If you're dying to help build one of the most utilized video playback applications on the web, we're dying to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
- Be part of a world class group of engineers who build Vimeo’s video playback solutions
- Work closely with Product management to develop and improve the Vimeo viewer experience across any and all devices
- Work closely with Transcoding and Delivery teams and external CDN vendors to maintain and optimize a seamless video playback experience everywhere
- Evaluate and test new video delivery technologies and player optimizations
- Build SDKS to support player interactivity and customizations
- Integrate and analyze video playback analytics solutions to continually optimize performance
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with large scale web application development
- An understanding of HTTP / HTTP/2 / MSE / EME specifications
- Experience with different video delivery methods (DASH, HLS, Progressive etc.).
- Knowledge of video performance metrics and a proven history of making data driven decisions
- Passion around continuous education, research, and development around the latest video technologies
- Willing to work outside of textbook norms. Creative thinker who can take traditional software development practices and pull from them the aspects that will work best for Vimeo
- Top notch communication skills (written and verbal)
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Consistently keeping up with current video trends such as Live, OTT, WebVR, WebGL
- Strong portfolio or public code (Github, Bitbucket, etc.)
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs