Software Engineer II - Web at OkCupid
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:18 a.m. (EST) on Friday, February 12, 2021
OkCupid is looking to hire a Software Engineer for our Web team!
What’s it like to be a Web Engineer at OkCupid
The OkCupid Web Team is a nimble team of 8, building internal features that help connect millions of users every day. Because our team size is so small, each of us has full ownership of features from ideation to deployment. We work closely with other engineering and product teams across the company to figure out the best ways to help people find meaningful relationships.
As the 9th member of our team, you will help us build beautiful and performant user interfaces across desktop and mobile web, and will support and extend our API to power new features across all clients.
Some cool things the web team has done this year:
- Implemented the next generation of OkCupid’s API, a Node-based GraphQL system utilizing the Apollo platform
- Built out our CI/CD pipeline to automate deployments across our different repositories
-Created a new system for internationalizing questions. Should “Are you willing to pay extra for guac?” be shown to everyone in the world? We don’t think so either
What you’ll be doing:
This role involves designing and building features for the web frontend and API layer on our internal systems team. That team is responsible for -
-Trust and Safety: This encompasses all of our moderation tools, our spam systems, and user safety features.
-Backoffice infrastructure: Work on the overall infrastructure for a wide array of internal tools that power things like OkCupid's famous questions system, our experiment system, and our billing capabilities
- CRM: Continue to enhance our ability to communicate with users through the product and out of band (email, push notifications, desktop notifications) with interesting and timely updates.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 2+ years’ experience designing and building software
- Enjoy building UIs with ES6, React, and Sass
- Have a high bar for clean, readable and testable code
- Care deeply about the experience of our users
- Have experience doing one of:
- Building an API that services millions of users
- Developing mobile web applications that are performant and accessible
- Internal Tooling
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Daily complimentary catered lunch from some of NYC’s top restaurants, and an endless supply of snacks & drinks
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted membership to some amazing NYC facilities including Chelsea Piers Gym
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A sunny office full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read Full Job Description