Software Engineer II at Thirty Madison
Job Title: Software Engineer II
Job Duties: Thirty Madison, Inc. in New York, NY is a human-first healthcare company, powering access to affordable specialized healthcare. Thirty Madison, Inc. is seeking an experienced Software Engineer II to architect key systems that power Thirty Madison’s platform.
Job duties and responsibilities include:
- Implement new software platform features for Thirty Madison’s core platform across various business units.
- Develop new software features for Thirty Madison’s platform to bring high quality care to our patients and clients.
- Work with the design team to deliver pixel-perfect implementations of developed software.
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Participate in Thirty Madison’s software development lifecycle including daily scrum, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Participate in on-call processes to ensure high availability of Thirty Madison’s software systems.
- Improve Thirty Madison’s software infrastructure to build best in class systems.
This position has no direct reports and does not supervise the work of any other employees.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related field of study, plus at least three (3) years of experience in any related positions.
Qualified candidates must also have demonstrable knowledge, experience, skill and proficiency with the following:
- Experience in at least one or more of the following modern Web Frameworks: Node/React, Ruby on Rails, Python/Django
- Experience in Integration testing
- PostgreSQL and TypeScript
- CSS, HTML, Postman, and Chef
- GIT and Scrum
No Travel; work from home benefit available.
- Job Location: 27 E 28th Street, Floor 12, New York, NY 10016.
- No phone calls. No emails.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
*Contractors and temps are not eligible for benefits.About Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
We are honored to become Great Place to Work certified and be included on BuiltIn's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City, and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. We've also been recognized by Forbes' Best Startup Employers, being named as one of America's Best Places to Work 2022. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
How we are managing through the COVID pandemic and its impact on our team?
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.
*Please be aware that there are fraudulent entities who are claiming to be affiliated with Thirty Madison in order to trick job seekers into divulging personal information or making payments based on false representations while impersonating Thirty Madison. These entities solicit money and personal information under the guise of offering you a position with Thirty Madison. The scammers use many methods to perpetuate these scams, including using Thirty Madison’s trademarks on their correspondence to potential victims. Thirty Madison takes the safety and integrity of those seeking employment with us very seriously and we work cooperatively with our legal team, security department and local authorities to address this issue. If you receive a job offer that claims to be from Thirty Madison, please take steps to confirm that it is legitimate by reviewing the offer carefully and contacting Thirty Madison directly if you have any concerns at all. Please note that Thirty Madison will never ask you for bank account or credit card information, and Thirty Madison will not charge you money to apply for a job with Thirty Madison.*