Software Engineer II
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
About the Opportunity - Marketing Growth Strategies
The Marketing Growth Strategies team is responsible for offering tools to grow primary and secondary brands online presence, diners targeting through segmentation and personalization, and other marketing strategies. We are looking for engineers to help us dramatically expand and improve our set of products while simultaneously supporting a massive increase in the capacity of our systems. We work in an agile manner and believe strongly that small cross-functional teams empowered to make decisions and move fast are the best way to do so. This is an unbeatable opportunity for developers who hope to work on and deliver world class software in a friendly, fun, and innovative environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Big data challenges to identify relevant content to send to our diners via the right channel at the right time
- Develop highly-available, fault tolerant features on our microservices platform
- Design, implement, and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, prospects, internal tools)
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that grow our daily active diners
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- Strong experience with either an OOP or functional programming (Preferably Java, Scala, or Python)
- Experience with Apache Spark (or equivalent) is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS or equivalent cloud service platform
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Experience working in a test-driven development environment
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information