Are you interested in not just writing high-quality code, but in enabling everyone around you to also write high-quality code? Do you have a passion for quality as a means of delighting customers - both internal and external? As a Software Engineer on the DevTestOps team, you will be responsible for writing the automation code and authoring the services that the entire company depends upon in order to keep code flowing to production! You will be writing highly-available services and prototyping new testing paradigms and driving observability best practices in a dynamic, broadly-talented team.
This position offers the opportunity to both broadly touch on all aspects of software delivery while also diving deep into some meaty technical problems around what quality looks like in a modern software development organization. We are seeking someone who loves to experiment and push the cutting edge - but also loves to drive a project all the way through to production.
Here at mParticle, everyone is equal. We believe strongly in our values and are looking for someone who demonstrates empathy and sincerity to all roles and teammates. Our ideal candidate has a strong balance of technical and people skill and is a proven mentor, leader, recruiter, and people manager.
Our clients include marketing and engineering functions for some of the largest apps in the world and our platform processes nearly one-third of the world’s smartphone traffic.
If the above sounds intriguing, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you!
- Design, build, and maintain services to keep mParticle code development flowing smoothly
- Build and release production services at scale
- Implement and evangelize best practices around testing and delivering quality code
- Provide primary support for the internal build pipeline and process
- Share knowledge via internal documentation, training, and presentations
- 3+ years of professional hands-on experience developing software
- Passionate about software quality at scale
- A natural problem solver
- Demonstrated remote-friendly work practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience communicating technical information to non-technical people
- Experience with test automation, feature flagging, or other modern aspects of software testing
- Experience with a CI/CD pipeline
- Troubleshooting skills using data to find anomalies and test hypotheses
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL
- Programming experience and understanding of programming concepts
- Object-oriented programming language (prefer C#)
Founded in 2013, mParticle is the leading customer data platform that unlocks the full power of data for businesses. The company empowers brands to accelerate their growth strategy to keep pace with their customers by providing the most advanced data platform for web and apps across all devices in the marketplace. A trusted partner among renowned brands such as Airbnb, Foursquare, Hulu, King, and Spotify among many others, the mParticle platform has grown to manage over 1 billion mobile users each month, capturing over $5 billion in ecommerce transactions and processes over 250 billion API calls. Recognized as one of Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in New York City and named to Gartner’s “Cool Vendors in Mobile App Development” list, mParticle has 145 employees and is headquartered in New York City with offices in San Francisco, Florida, Seattle and London.
Here at mParticle we embrace the differences that make us unique. We are dedicated to building an inclusive environment that fosters respect and celebrates an array of backgrounds and perspectives.
Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.