Software Engineer - Image Development at DigitalOcean
DigitalOcean’s Images team is a remote team responsible for operating system images for both external and internal customers. As an engineer on the Images team you will be responsible for helping improve the ecosystem that enables others to quickly build and use images across all products at DigitalOcean.
Any time a customer creates a new Droplet, makes a snapshot/backup, or transfers an image to a new region they’re interacting with services created and managed by the Images team.
We are looking for an Engineer who will work on a team to serve our customers by continuously improving the capabilities of our systems.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Supporting the operations and management of distributed systems
- Programming primarily in Go and deploying to a Kubernetes environment
- Collaborating with an agile, self-motivated team of peers
- Contributing to and taking part in free/open source software communities
- Solving interesting large scale problems in a technically rewarding environment
- A passion for developing, testing, and shipping well-engineered code (Go, Ruby, or Python is a plus!)
- Experience testing, automating, operating, and troubleshooting production systems
- Knowledge of Linux and cloud concepts/protocols including containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes), virtualization, microservices, REST, gRPC
- Familiarity with concurrency / parallelism models in a modern programming language
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!