Software Engineer, Infrastructure at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role and Team
This is an opportunity to shape the infrastructure that powers the home buying & selling products and innovation capabilities!
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in building and managing cloud infrastructures. You will be responsible for the evolution of our AWS-based infrastructure to support the growing engineering team. You'll join our team which has two engineers so far and help implement best practices. You'll be based out of our NY office or remotely in Portland, OR.
What You’ll Do Here
- Work within the team to plan and set goals to maintain and evolve the infrastructure to support the growing engineering team while keeping best practices and security in mind.
- Work with engineering to build the tools and processes needed to maintain our continuous delivery culture and enable the teams to own their solutions into production.
- Be a partner to the security and legal teams to ensure our application and infrastructure solutions are meeting the Orchard's goals for security and compliance.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong knowledge of the AWS ecosystem
- Experience applying automation to the cloud infrastructure using modern infrastructure tooling: infrastructure as code, configuration management, CI pipelines, package managers
- Strong knowledge of Linux system architecture as well as a firm grasp of the linux CLI and shell scripting
- A results-orientation with a high motor and an incredible attention to detail; able to drive projects from planning to completion with limited oversight
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to work across diverse stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- A low ego and can-do attitude; willingness to admit mistakes and work to remedy them
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous environment where there's not a set playbook on how to solve each problem
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.