- Write and provide feedback on RFCs for new features in our collaborative design process.
- Author and document re-usable components inside a React application.
- Build server-side services and API endpoints using Node and NestJS.
- Ask important questions, speak candidly, and try to move the needle every single day.
- ~2 years software engineering experience or a strong academic background in computer science.
- Experience using version control systems such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN.
- Experience with at least one of the following tools: NPM, Yarn, Babel, Webpack, Grunt.
- You have used a front-end framework such as React, Vue, or Angular.
- Experience building and consuming REST API endpoints.
- You can replicate a component from a visual mock and color palette.
- Experience with SQL databases.
- You have worked on server-side applications with Node.js and Express.
- Experience using Webpack, Babel, NPM, and Yarn.
- You know how HTTP works.
- You have a meticulous attention to detail, in both your own work and when reviewing others'.
- You have written unit tests for production code, and understand how to achieve good coverage.
Nice to have:
- You’ve contributed value to an open-source project: be it documentation or code.
- Experience with TypeScript or a statically typed language like Java or C#.
- You have used a PaaS provider such as AWS or Heroku.
- You have implemented server-side rendering and code-splitting in a PWA.
- Experience with SCSS or LESS.
- Experience working with or building a CI pipeline for a webapp.
- You have written tests using browser-automation using Selenium or similar.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
- Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
- Stock option program.
- Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
- A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass.