Software Engineer, Membership at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we’re working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 4+ million members across the country.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric developer to join our team where you would be responsible for enhancing an application platform that front end application developers across CLEAR will use.
This role will join a team at the center of CLEAR’s consumer business, touching on many aspects of a member’s experience with the company from managing subscriptions to maintaining a member’s account. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the other members of the engineering team as well as multiple business stakeholders to ensure all services are reliable, maintainable, and well-integrated into the CLEAR ecosystems. If you are an engineer that takes pride in their productivity while also being obsessed with the customer experience, then this is the role for you.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing scalable backend services and software, a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Design, build or enhance backend platform services that power CLEAR’s user-facing applications
- Use best practices to deliver high quality code; Unit-test code for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability as well as functional tests
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation
- Understand various systems in our platform and how to orchestrate them to support use cases across our apps
- Gain expertise in the greater membership ecosystem relevant to Finance, Marketing, and Member Services
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, to focus on what is best for the customer, both in new feature development and optimizing existing features
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience building distributed backend services using Java or similar
- Experience working with Docker, bonus if worked with Kubernetes
- Experience monitoring services and infrastructure using charting frameworks (Graphite, SignalFx, DataDog, ELK etc) and/or logging frameworks (SumoLogic, Splunk etc)
- Experience with event-based system design and microservice patterns
- Experience with integrating with Salesforce, Zuora, accounting software, customer service software, nice to have
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with flawless execution
- Entrepreneurial team player with a can-do attitude who can multitask
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and collaboration skills