At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. We produce a suite of AI-powered solutions that solves the challenges of the largest, most successful businesses and institutions, helping them make sense out of a world full of messy data.
As a software engineer on the ML Ops Team, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and resourceful technologist who is passionate about designing effective tools, enabling ML engineers to build, test, and manage high quality production-ready models. You have a strong desire to work on an internal team and to provide value to your fellow engineers. You have experience developing containerized tools, distributed systems, or full-stack applications, and are excited to bring your unique skills to our interdisciplinary team. While you are detail-oriented, you excel at looking at a problem from a high level, gathering requirements from multiple stakeholders and pitching solutions.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that streamline the way we build and ship software and models? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our tightly-knit, team-based community that provides our Kenshins with a collaborative, supportive environment.
What You'll Do:
- Iterate on Kensho’s ML processes to develop tools, services, and frameworks that make every stage of the modeling workflow — from annotating data to deploying and monitoring models — robust, auditable, and usable
- Work closely with ML engineers to understand their unique processes, identify pain points, and form effective solutions
- Empower engineers with the stable tooling necessary to rapidly experiment and actualize their research into stable, demonstrable prototypes
- Provide resources and training for ML teams on best practices, enabling them to efficiently productionize their work to be leveraged by high-value products and services
- Champion open source and third-party solutions, driving their adoption across teams and integrating into existing infrastructure
- Establish scalable, efficient, and automated processes for ML model training and evaluation
- Develop processes and tools to help monitor ML models in production, detecting performance, model drift, and decay
- Promote industry best practices and strengthen the technical expertise of the team with your unique skill set
- Maintain a close relationship with Core Infrastructure to ensure solutions provide the right level of abstraction on top of our compute infrastructure
What We Look For:
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience
- Desire to build internally to improve developer efficiency and experience
- Familiarity with the process of prototyping, building, and deploying an ML model to production
- Experience managing resilient distributed systems with Kubernetes
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash, Sh) and package managers (pipenv, poetry, npm)
How To Really Get Our Attention:
- Experience building and/or deploying cloud-native services
- Open source projects showing innovation and initiative
- Has built both proprietary software as well as integrated third party software
Technologies We Use:
- Ubuntu linux or similar operating systems
At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 20 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance toward degree programs, plus up to $4,000/year for ongoing professional education such as industry conferences
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC)
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global. As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives. Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, and Washington D.C. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.