Software Engineer - Mobile (Acuity) at Squarespace
The Acuity Mobile team is looking for an experienced and passionate software engineer to help develop the Client and Admin mobile applications for Acuity. The Acuity team at Squarespace provides online scheduling services technology to customers around the world, and helps businesses schedule millions of appointments and manage scheduling logistics. The Admin app provides businesses an easy interface to manage their appointments, while the newly released Client app is targeted for their end-customer.
- Help maintain and further develop existing React Native apps for both Android and iOS
- Design new features, create UIs, debug and profile parts of the app when needed
- Contribute to app health, communicate with the community, and make sure expectations are met
- 2+ years with React Native
- Familiar with the react-native bridge
- Have experience with react-native lists
- Have worked with native modules and native UI components for a react-native app (on both iOS and Android)
- Experience with interactive application development paradigms, memory and state management, network programming, and concurrency
- Good grasp of native app development
- Have experience working on a live production app with people using it
Acuity Scheduling allows customers to offer online booking and effortlessly manage their appointments. Acuity, which became a Squarespace company in 2019, is a market leader, serving more than 90,000 businesses of all sizes and handling tens of millions of appointments each year. Our mission is to make scheduling easy, so our customers have more time to run their businesses and live their lives.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.