Software Engineer, Mobile at Eight Sleep
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to make people’s sleep count for more, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That's why Eight Sleep is looking for a talented Software Engineer to help bring to life a beautiful mobile software experience to compliment the hardware experience. Specifically, we're creating in-app digital services for sleep improvement and a subscription model around them.
How you’ll contribute
- Partner with designers, product managers, and engineers to build the first-ever sleep fitness solution
- Be a driving force behind the company’s growth-- you’ll be building the robust set of features that support our new generation of mobile experiences
- Be a member of a small mobile team and have a significant impact on the product
- Work on technology core to our members’ experience-- the Eight Sleep app
- Ensure quality through design, processes, and tools in a CI/CD environment
What you need to succeed
- React or React Native experience
- 5+ years of mobile app development experience with a proficiency in Swift, Objective-C, Java for Android and Typescript
- Strong knowledge of both Apple HIG and Android UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Experience integrating with multiple 3rd party APIs
- Experience working with continuous integration
- Data visualization experience
Why you’ll love Eight
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.