Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board. As a mobile engineer, you will be building the iOS and Android applications. Based in Vancouver, BC, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in building mobile products using React Native, with a keen eye towards detail, and comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
- Design and build intuitive and innovative iOS and Android applications.
- Work with engineers across the company to bring new features and products into existence.
- Run experiments to better understand customer behaviors.
- Collaborate with experts in product and design to deliver a delightful customer experience.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- 1+ year of remote work experience
What We Value:
- Experience developing high quality mobile applications using React Native (please include links to apps you’ve released on App Store or Google Play).
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, and creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with live applications.
- Stitching many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before.
- Thriving in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds (we currently have over 30 nationalities represented, with more than ½ the company working in a country different from the one they grew up in).
Engineering at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We’re big fans of functional programming, especially given the effect of bugs in this space! We work closely with the Elixir community, and are always looking at increasing our open source contributions more broadly.
- Product is a highly collaborative initiative across multiple teams. Engineers are expected to understand and have product input, designing systems towards our long-term product vision.
- We'd rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors and managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable and autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
Read Full Job Description