Software Engineer: Network Management and Services at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about solving large scale complex distributed systems challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We are looking for a Software Engineer with expertise in Distributed Systems and Networking to build cutting edge Network Software that will run on tens of thousands of hypervisors and bare-metal servers across our global infrastructure network. Reporting to the Engineering Manager: Network Management and Services, the Software Engineer will be responsible for building the next generation of software-defined networking on our platform: providing flexible, yet simple, primitives that our customers have come to love.
- Designing and building highly efficient microservices to enable next generation of features such as Virtual Private Cloud, Floating IPs and internal tooling around the virtual network stack.
- Building new and advanced infrastructure services that support deployment of millions of customer droplets across multiple datacenters.
- Work on new architecture initiatives to build systems that enable fleet optimization such as optimizing the virtual networking stack to reduce CAPEX / OPEX.
- Solving problems with distributed systems to reduce bottlenecks, single points of failures and inter-dependencies of our many regions.
- Solving complex database challenges that have come into existence due to the hyper growth of DigitalOcean such as - our growing inventory of IP addresses, evolving the data model of our core network primitives, creating flexible and composable virtual nics.
- Coming up with innovative ideas to improve performance and scalability in a large-scale distributed system.
- Diving deep into the ocean of highly available & fault-tolerant virtual networking.
- Debugging/troubleshooting complex production issues across datacenters.
- Participating in a team effort to improve visibility on various network metrics.
- Using technologies and tools such as: Linux, Go, GRPC, Docker, Open vSwitch, Prometheus, MySQL, and others!
- Expertise with at least two of the following languages: Go, Grpc, Perl, Python, C/C++. Go is definitely a plus.
- Expertise building scalable, resilient and fault tolerant distributed systems using a microservices architecture.
- Knowledge of networking and network layers(especially OSI model layer 3 and above).
- Understanding of flexible and scalable database architecture.
- Ability to self-organize, take ownership, initiative and clearly communicate intent. Ours is a completely remote team so the ability to communicate effectively in a remote environment is key to being a part of this team.
- Be ready and responsible for taking complex challenges that come up in a fast-paced environment.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning, O’Reilly tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!