Software Engineer: Networking Software at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are looking for enthusiastic software engineers that can make a significant contribution to the development of next generation Load Balancers with high availability and scalable distribution of traffic. The software you write will drive and enable functionality on thousands of load balancers deployed by our customers. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer will participate in the design, development and deployment of new services and products.What You'll Be Doing:
- Participate in design, implementation, tests and optimization of new services that run at scale and solve challenging distributed coordination problems.
- Work with other teams within the vertical and across the company to build the next generation of products and services for our developers community.
- Support existing products and contribute creative solutions to the pain points.
- Help improve our toolings and process to ship robust and mission-critical parts of the ecosystem.
- Use technologies and tools such as: Go, SQL, Consul, Kafka, Chef, Git, Jira, Prometheus, Lightstep, Docker, Kubernetes and what not?
- Experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer in building software used by external users
- Experience with a typed or OOP language (like C, C++, Java, Go) and unit tests
- Experience developing full-stack applications with databases and API
- Understanding of large scale distributed systems programming
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD)
- Knowledge of application networking fundamentals
- You understand and seek to automate the steps necessary to deliver high-quality, well-tested, and production-ready software from initial development to ongoing, scalable, production operation.
- Bonus: Exposure to containerization and virtualization
- Bonus: You have used gRPC to build robust distributed and high-demand systems
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!